Civil Engineering Course Details: Check out the Civil Engineering Course Details 2022. Students are showing more interest in this field as compared to the other fields. Candidates who are interested at construction side, they may pursue this Civil Engineering course. If you are searching for the details of Civil Engineering, then this is the right article to get complete information. Through this article Civil Engineering Course Details, we are going to provide the Civil Engineering Course Details like About Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering colleges, courses, Career, Jobs, Pay scale & Job opportunities. Complete reading this article to get complete details about Civil Engineering.
Other Links :
- Industrial Engineering Course Details 2022 – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
- Structural Engineering Course Details 2022 – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
Table of Contents
Civil Engineering Course Details
|Duration||4 years for UG degree and 2 years for PG degree|
|Fees||Average fee ranges between INR 1 to 5 Lakh for 4 years|
|Qualification||Minimum eligibility is (10+2) with 50% marks in relevant subject and for PG courses is B.tech in relevant subject with minimum 55% from a recognized university|
|Course available in India||Yes|
|Course available in other countries||Yes|
|Job Vacancies for Civil Engineers in India||Available |
|Job Vacancies for Civil Engineers in Other countries||Available |
|Civil Engineers salary in India (per year)||Average salary is Rs.3,35,439|
|Civil Engineers Salary in other countries (per year)||Average salary $79,764|
About Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering is a professional discipline that deals with design, construction and maintenance of the physical & naturally built environment. It also includes public works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, pipelines, structural components of buildings and railways. It is considered as the second-oldest engineering discipline. Civil engineering takes place in the public sector from municipal to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners to international companies. The Civil Engineering course also teaches the development of better infrastructural facilities to sustain an eco-friendly environment.
Civil Engineering Course Details – Duration
Civil Engineering course is a 4 years Undergraduate course consists of 8 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months and in postgraduate level it is a 2 years Master’s degree course consists of 4 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months. Civil Engineering consists of following subjects:
- Construction engineering
- Building Technology
- Structural Analysis & Design
- Material science and engineering
- Coastal engineering
- Design of Hydraulic Structures
- Architecture and Town Planning
- Transportation engineering
- Forensic engineering
- Control engineering
- Earthquake engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Geo-technical engineering
- Urban engineering
Civil Engineering Course Details – Qualification & Eligibility
The Civil Engineering Course Details also requires the following eligibility and qualification :
- For Bachelor’s degree, candidates have to pass (10+2) in Science stream of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects with minimum 55% score from a recognized board of education.
- Students must also have taken part in State level Entrance exam to be considered as eligible candidates in the part of admission process.
- For Master’s degree, candidates have to pass Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 55% from a recognized university.
Top 10 Civil Engineering colleges in India
- VIT University, Vellore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- SRM University, Chennai
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
Career and Scope in Civil Engineering
India needs technology revolution in the country. Regarding this, the industry requires huge numbers of engineers. The construction sector of India is getting to grow at 7 – 8% each year over the next 10 years, the industry is seeking to spread its wings in every corner of the country. The U.S Bureau of Labour Statistics has predicted that job opportunities will increase about 20% by 2022. After pursuing their graduation they may take up jobs like
- Civil Engineer and Design Engineer
- CAD Engineer
- Supervisory Civil Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Project Manager
- Construction engineering technician
- land use technician
- Materials testing technologist
- Railway technician
- Technician, highway
- Urban planning technician
Role & Responsibilities of Civil Engineer
Civil engineers role is to conceive, design, build, supervise, operate, construct and maintain infrastructure projects in public and private sector. Many civil engineers works in planning, design, construction, research, and education. Responsibilities of Civil Engineer to be as follows:
- Analyzes long range plans, survey reports, maps & other data to plan and design projects.
- Monitoring developments and assessing options.
- Consider cost of construction, government regulations, potential environmental hazards and other factors during the planning & risk-analysis stages of a project.
- Construction, installation, and modification of structure.
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state & federal agencies, verifying that projects comply with various regulations.
- Oversee & analyze the results of soil testing to determine the adequacy and the strength of foundations.
- Rectifying issues and problems using scientific principles/fundamentals.
- Analyze the results of tests on building materials, such as concrete, wood, asphalt, osteel, for use in particular projects.
Salaries of Civil Engineers
The Annual average salary of Civil Engineer is $79,764 per year. The highest pay is more than $132,880 per year and the lowest pay is less than $53,470 per year.The average starting salary of Civil Engineers in India is Rs.3,35,439 and the average salary per month is Rs.18,661 and per hour is Rs.212.00.
Hope you may get the Complete Information about Civil Engineering Course Details 2022 like About Civil Engineering, Colleges, Courses, Career, Salaries, Eligibility & Job opportunities.