Apply for the 2021 Admissions of Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research. The University provides admissions under M.Sc., M.Phil. & Ph.D. Courses. Through this article, we are going to provide इंदिरा गांधी विकास संशोधन संस्था Admission notifications, Application forms, Courses Duration, Eligibility, Administration, Fees Structure & Contact Details. Continue reading this article to get more information about the IGIDR Admissions 2021.
- IGIDR Time Table
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Result
- IGDIR Syllabus and Courses
- IGDIR Question Papers
- IGIDR Admit Card
Table of Contents
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research
|Name of the Organisation||Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research|
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Programs Offered||M.Sc., M.Phil. & Ph.D. Courses|
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Contact number||(022) 2840 0919/20/21|
|Official Website||Click here|
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research is an advanced research University founded & fully funded by the RBI for carrying out analysis on development effects from a multi-disciplinary concept. IGIDR was registered as an autonomous society on Nov 14, 1986, & as a public trust in Jan 1987. On Dec 28, 1987, it was oriented by Late. Shri Rajiv Gandhi, the then PM of India. Subsequently, the University was recognized as a Deemed University under Sec 3 of the UGC Act. Now, it has about 150 employees & students that include about 26 full-time faculty members, 24 non-academic staff & about 90 M.Sc./M.Phil/Ph.D. students.
The Institute is located on a 14-acre site on a hill-slide in east Goregaont which is 15 minutes by public bus from the Goregaon railway station in Mumbai’s suburban & 20 minutes drive from Mumbai’s national & international airports. The architecture of the University is inspired by the historical Elephanta & Jogeshwari caves and includes office & residential buildings for research & administrative staff, seminar rooms, auditorium, library, computer center, cafeteria & guest house. Students are provided hostel accommodation on the campus. The institute also has a guest house with 50 rooms.
Courses & Duration
|M.Sc. Courses||2 years|
|M.Phil. Courses||2 years|
|Ph.D. Courses||3 years|
- M.Phil. Courses – Masters in relevant discipline or equivalent degree from the recognized university
- Ph.D. Courses – Candidates have to pass M.Phil. or PG Courses from the recognized university
- M.Sc. Courses – Candidates have to pass B.Sc. in a relevant subject with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks from the recognized university.
- Admission Notice 2020
- Prospectus 2020
- Online Application Form for M.Sc and Ph.D. Programme
- Information Handout for M.Sc.
- Information Handout for Ph.D.
- M.Sc. Mock Test Link
- Ph.D. Mock Test Link
Steps to apply for admission in Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research:
- Visit the official website of the University – http://www.igidr.ac.in/
- On the home page, click on the ‘Academic Programs’ tab.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the ‘Admissions’ option.
- Here a page with the application form for different courses will display, fill the Online Application Form.
- Then click on the “Login” button to submit the form.
- Take a print copy of the application form for further usage.
- Admission Notice 2021
- Prospectus 2021
- Online Application Form for M.Sc and Ph.D. Program
- Information Handouts for M.Sc
- Information Handouts for Ph.D
- The Last date for receipt of the Online Application form is April 18, 2021.
- The Date of the online test is Saturday, May 8, 2021.
Research & Publication
- M.Sc. Courses fee details – Rs. 16000/- per semester for tuition fee, Rs.200/- per month for hostel fee & water and electricity charges as per actual. (Tuition fee may vary from time to time)
- M.Phil. & Ph.D. Courses fee details – Rs.16,000/- per semester for tuition fee and a hostel fee, which is 8% of their fellowship amount per month, plus water & electricity charges as per actual. (Tuition fee may vary from time to time)
- Beautiful campus and friendly staff
- Nice place for education
- The roads still need some patch up for monsoons
Rating – 4.4/5
Frequently Asked Questions
What courses does this college offer?
Ans. Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai offers a wide range of courses across multiple streams such as M.Sc. in Economics, M.Phil/Ph.D. in Development Studies.
What facilities are available in this college?
Ans. IGIDR, Mumbai offers Library, Cafeteria, Hostel, Auditorium, Guest House, Seminar Rooms, Computer Centre, etc.,
Gen. A.K.Vaidya Marg
Mumbai – 400 065
Tel: (022) 2840 0919/20/21,28416200 (Board Number)
Fax: (022) 2840 2752/28416399
Hope you may get complete information about the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Admissions 2020. In this article, we have provided details like Admissions, the Application process, Courses Offered, Eligibility criteria, Duration, Important Links, Fees Structure, Faculty, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.