Download Management Information Systems Study Materials 2021. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Management Studies. Students of PGDOM can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation. Through this article, we are going to provide the Management of Information Systems Study Materials, Study Notes, PDFs, Chapters & Topics, Important Questions in this topic and Download Links. Continue reading the below article for more information regarding the Management Studies Notes.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Management Information Systems Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Management Information Systems|
|Useful for||PG Diploma Courses|
|Course Type||Post Graduation|
|Article on||Management Information Systems Study Materials 2021|
|Study Material Format|
Chapters and Topics
List of topics in Management Information Systems :
Information for Decision Making
- Decision Making
- Conceptual Foundations Information Systems
- Information Resources Management
- Overview of Systems Analysis and Designs
- System Development Life Cycle
- Designing Online and Distributed Design Consideration
- Implementation and Control of Projects
Computer networks & Data Communications
- Trends in Information Technology-Hardware, Software
- Data Communication Concepts
- Computer Networks
Managing Corporate Data Resources
- Organizing Data
- Relational DataBase Management System
- Query Language
- DBMS Implementation and Future Trends
Socio-Legal Aspects of Computerisation
- Social Dimensions of Computerisation
- Computer Viruses
- Legal Dimensions of Computerisation
- Case-1 A Case Study on Computer Applications
- Case-2 Aspects of Information Technology And Policy Making and The Caribbean Community
- Case-3 Computerisation at IFFCO
Management Information Systems Study Books
|Management of Information Systems||Click Here|
Unit wise PDFs
Here we have mentioned the unit wise PDFs of Management Information Systems subject. Click on the below link to download it :
|Information for Decision Making||Download|
|System development||Click Here|
|Computer networks & Data Communications||Click Here|
|Managing Corporate Data Resources||Download|
|Socio-Legal Aspects of Computerisation||Click Here|
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students of PG Diploma candidates. The following university students can also download these materials :
- Lovely Professional University
- Rai Technology University
- University of Mumbai
Subject in the Semesters
Management Information Systems subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- MCA III Semester
- PG Diploma in Operations Management
- MBA II Semester
We have listed some of the important questions on Management Information Systems subject :
- Define structured and unstructured decisions. Give four examples of each.
- Define Management Information System and discuss various characteristics expected of a good MIS.
- What is the relevance of the Nolan’s stage, growth model for the study of information systems in today’s organizations?
- Describe the major phases in MIS design? Can you compare these phases with Research and development projects?
- What do you understand by conceptual, logical and physical models of a system?
- Explain how problems in real-time scheduling are handled.
- What are the various kinds of network topologies?
- Explain the concepts of synchronous and asynchronous system software.
- Describe the major steps in implementation of MIS design.
- What are multiplexers and concentrators?
- Explain the methods in Back-up and Recovery/Disaster Management. Why is it so important.
- What are expert systems and how do they help in decision making? Can you give examples?
- Outline the basic sequence of steps acquiring a DBMS. What steps are the most important?
- What are the main functions of data communication software?
- “Computer virus is a major threat to computer security “. Justify the statement.
Recommended Books for Management Information Systems
The books that are referred to students for these subjects are given below. Refer to all the books for related information.
- Management Information Systems by James O’Brien, George Marakas, et al.
- Quantitative Techniques in Management | 5th Edition by N.D. Vohra
- Management Information System by C. Laudon Kenneth and P. Laudon Jane
- Management Information Systems by James A. O’Brien, George M. Marakas, et al.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Management Information Systems Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.