Download Modern Physics Study Materials 2021. In this article, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Sciences. These Study Books will be useful for Science students. The concepts of Theory of Relativity, Nuclear Physics, Introduction to Quantum Mechanics, etc are well explained in these materials. We provide genuine notes relating to the subject. Preparation becomes easy by learning from these materials. Candidates can download the notes by the links given below.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Modern Physics Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Modern Physics|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||B.Sc (Physics) & B.Tech|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2021|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Modern Physics Study Books
Chapters & Topics
The topics of this subject are given below. To know more about the subject go through the article and refer to all the books prescribed to this subject.
The Special Theory of Relativity
- Relativistic Dynamics
- Relativistic Kinematics
- The emergence of Special Relativity
An Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
- Observables and Operators
- Schrodinger Equation
- Matter Waves and Uncertainty Principle
- Wave-Particle Duality
Application of Quantum Mechanics to Some
- X-Ray Spectra
- Atomic Spectra
- Spherically Symmetric Systems: Hydrogen Atom
- Some Simple Systems
- Elementary Particles
- Applied Nuclear Science
- The Nucleus
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Physics & Engineering Courses. The following university students can also download Modern Physics study materials :
- Uttarakhand Open University
- University of Calicut
- Lovely Professional University
Subject in the Semesters
Modern Physics subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- Bachelor of Science (Physics) III Year
- B.Tech I Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Modern Physics subject :
|The Special Theory of Relativity||Download|
|An Introduction to Quantum Mechanics||Download|
|Application of Quantum Mechanics to Some||Download|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Modern Physics subject :
- Describe Rutherford’s atomic model.
- State Bohr’s atomic model. Obtain expressions for the radius and electron energy of the nth orbit.
- Describe Sommerfeld’s model. Also, give the shortcomings of the Sommerfeld model.
- Write notes on
- Spectral lines of the hydrogen atom
- Electronic specific charge.
- What are the differences between Rutherford’s atomic model and Bohr’s model of an atom? Explain.
- What do you mean by spin and space quantization?
- What is Pauli’s exclusion principle? Write its significance also.
- Write down the electronic configuration of carbon atoms and write the possible spectroscopic terms.
- Distinguish between the spectra of hydrogen and sodium atoms?
- Discuss Moseley’s law and explain it based on the Bohr model for the atom.
- Discuss the characteristics of X-ray spectra.
- What is Bremsstrahlung radiation? When does it appear?
- Discuss Bragg’s law and its importance.
- What do you mean by Soft and Hard X-rays?
- What is a photoelectric effect? How does the emission of photoelectrons depend on the intensity and frequency of the incident radiation?
- Write the laws of the photoelectric effect.
- Explain the following
- Threshold wavelength
- Work Function
- Cut off potential
- Explain the Compton effect. Derive the expression for Compton shift.
- Explain the significance of the Compton effect.
- Give the conclusion of Compton’s shift.
- What do you mean by LASER?
- What are the Meta-stable States?
- Define Population Inversion?
- What are the characteristics of a Laser beam?
- Distinguish between three-level and four-level pumping schemes?
- Distinguish between Ordinary light a Laser light?
- Distinguish between spontaneous emission and stimulated emission?
Recommended Books for Modern Physics
To know about Modern Physics following the information in the books given here. For many more details and Recommended books follow our article to know about Modern Physics.
- Concepts of Modern Physics (SIE) | 7th Edition by Arthur Beiser, Shobhit Mahajan, et al.
- Modern Physics
by R Murugeshan and Kiruthiga Sivaprasath | 1 January 2016
- Modern Physics
by R Murugeshan and Kiruthiga Sivaprasath |
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Modern Physics Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results, and still many more.