Download Probability and Statistics Study Materials 2021. In this article, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Sciences. These Study Books will be helpful to the courses like B.Sc, M.Sc (Mathematics). Candidates are advised to download these Materials from our Exams Time website by the links given below. Through this article, you will learn the important concepts of Descriptive Statistics, Distribution Theory, Elements of Statistical Interference, etc. Our main aim is to provide qualitative books and notes to the students for their Exam Preparation.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Probability and Statistics Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Probability and Statistics|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||B.Sc, M.Sc (Mathematics)|
|Course Type||Under Graduation and Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2021|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Probability and Statistics E-Books
|Probability and Statistics||Download|
Chapters & Topics
The topics of this subject are given below. To know more about the subject go through the article and refer to all the books prescribed to this subject.
- Correlation and Regression
- Skewness and Kurtosis
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Frequency Distribution of a Character
Probability on Discrete Sample Space
- Standard Probability Distributions: Part-II
- Standard Probability Distributions: Part-I
- Discrete Random Variable and its Probability Distribution
- Probability on a Discrete Sample Space
- Sample Space of a Random Experiment
- Limit Theorems
- Functions of Random Variables
- Bivariate Distributions
- Standard Continuous Distributions
- Univariate Distributions
Elements of Statistical Inference
- Common Tests and Confidence Intervals
- Testing of Hypotheses
- Point Estimation
- General Introduction
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a B.Sc, M.Sc in Mathematics. The following university students can also download Probability and Statistics study materials :
- Uttarakhand Open University
- University of Calicut
- Pondicherry University
Subject in the Semesters
Probability and Statistics subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- B.Sc Mathematics VI Semester
- M.Sc Mathematics I Year
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Probability and Statistics Study Materials :
|Probability on Discrete Sample Space||Download|
|Elements of Statistical Inference||Download|
We have mentioned some of the important topics of Probability and Statistics subject :
- The correlation coefficient between x and y is -0.73. What is then the correlation coefficient between
a) x + 5 and y – 4?
b) 2x -1 and -3y + 5?
c) 3 – 2x and 4 + 3y?
- What is the correlation coefficient between x and y in case n = 2 and the two pairs of values of x and y are
a) (7.3, 4.5) and (10.4, 6.7)?
b) (4.7, 9.2) and (5.0, 6.1)?
C) (9.4, 7.0) and (10.5, 7.0)?
- A student gets 85, 76, and 82 marks in the three tests for the course MTE-11. She gets 79 marks in the final examination. What are her average marks if the weightage given to the tests and the final examination are 10, 10, 10, and 70 respectively?
- The scores obtained in English by 15 students are given below. calculate the
33, 41, 46, 47, 52, 52, 53, 54,57,61, 61,68, 69,70, 74
- The mean number of temperature readings on the Centigrade (Celsius) scale is 33.2 degrees. What would be the mean if the readings were taken on the Fahrenheit scale?
- There are four blocks in an urban locality, having 126, 153, 137, and 190 households. If the mean income (in rupees) for a month per household is 2012.35, 1972.45, 2734.56, and 2415.67 for the four blocks, respectively, then what is the mean household income for the month for the locality as a whole?
- Find the probability that a person tossing an unbiased coin gets a fourth head on the seventh toss.
- Find the probability that a person rolling an unbiased die, gets his third six on the eighth roll.
- A scientist innoculates several mice, one at a time, with a virus that produces a disease in them. If each mouse has a probability of 1/4 of developing the disease, find the expected number of mice required for an experiment in which the scientist stops after obtaining the second mouse with the disease.
Recommended Books for Probability and Statistics
To know about Probability and Statistics following the information in the books given here. For many more details and Recommended books follow our article to know about Probability and Statistics.
- Applied Statistics and Probability for Engineers, 6ed, ISV
by Douglas C. Montgomery and George C. Runger | 1 January 2016
- Applied Probability and Statistics by Mario Lefebvre
- Probability and Statistics for Engineering and the Sciences, 9E by Jay L. Devore
- Probability and Statistics (Schaum’s Outline Series) by Murray Spiegel, John Schiller, et al.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Probability and Statistics Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results, and still many more.