Download Research Methods in Psychology Study Materials 2021. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Sciences. Research Methods in Psychology is one of the subjects in the courses of BA, B.Sc. Here we provide the materials for the important concepts of Research Designs, Tools of Data Collection, Report Writing, etc. Download the Study Books, Important Questions of this subject from the Exams Time website for better preparation. Unit-wise PDFs are also provided below.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Research Methods in Psychology Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Research Methods in Psychology|
|Useful for||Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science in Psychology|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Research Methods in Psychology Study Materials 2021|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
A list of the topics given here is taken from the textbooks of Research Methods in Psychology. Follow the article for more details.
Introduction to Research in Psychology
- Introduction to Psychological Research: Objectives and Goals, Problems, Hypothesis and Variables
- Introduction to Psychological Experiments and Tests
- Steps in Research
- Types of Research and Methods of Research
- Definition and Description Research Design, Quality of Research Design
- Experimental Design (Control Group Design and Two Factor Design)
- Survey Design
Tools of Data Collection
- Observation Method
- Interview and Interviewing
- Questionnaire Method
- Case Study
- Report Writing
- Review of Literature
- The result, Analysis, and Discussion of the Data
- Summary and Conclusion
- References in Research Report
Methods of Psychology Study Books
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology. The following university students can also download Research Methods in Psychology study materials :
- University of Calicut
- Rai Technology University
- NIILM University
Subject in the Semesters
Research Methods in Psychology subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- BA Psychology II Semester
- B.Sc Counselling Psychology IV Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Research Methods in Psychology :
|Introduction to Research in Psychology||Download|
|Research Designs||Click Here|
|Tools of Data Collection||Download|
|Report Writing||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Research Methods in Psychology subject :
- Describe the research process in terms of how to conduct sound research and how to evaluate critically the research of others?
- Discuss how to maintain objectivity and minimize the research bias in psychology research?
- Discuss the primary objectives and goals of psychological research?
- Describe the characteristics of good hypothesis and functions of a hypothesis?
- Explain the whole process of research in a simple manner?
- Discuss how theoretical knowledge can be further applied to undertake research?
- Analyze the importance of each step involved in the research process.
- Explain the types of researches?
- Differentiate between experimental and non-experimental researches?
- Explain true experimental researches and quasi-experimental researches?
- Differentiate laboratory experiments from field experiments?
- Explain the differences between basic and applied researches?
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of each method that is used in psychological research?
- Define the research design?
- Describe the research design in terms of its various components?
- Describe the different procedures to control the extraneous variable and reduce error variance?
- Explain the criteria of research design?
- State the qualities of research design?
- Discuss the purpose of a report?
- Explain the writing style of the report?
- Describe the dos and don’ts of writing a report;
- Discuss the format for report writing in the psychology area?
- Explain major sections in a report?
- Discuss the characteristics of an abstract?
- Describe the guidelines for writing an introduction to a report.
Recommended Books for Research Methods in Psychology
The books that are referred to and recommended by toppers are given below. For more information refer to other authors’ books also.
- SPSN Series – MPC005 Research Methods in Psychology MAPC-IGNOU (Solved Papers till Feb 2021 & Short Notes) by Dr. Vasant Kothari
- Cross-Cultural Research Methods in Psychology (Culture and Psychology) by David Matsumoto and Fons J. R. van de Vijver
- Handbook of Research Methods in Social and Personality Psychology by Harry T. Reis and Charles M. Judd
- Research Methods in Psychology – A Handbook by Wendy A. Schweigert
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Research Methods in Psychology Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results, and still many more.