Download Social Anthropology Study Materials 2021. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Sciences. These Study Books will be helpful to the courses like Bachelor of Arts in Sociology. Candidates are advised to download these Materials from our Exams Time website by the links given below. Through this article, you will learn the important concepts of Society and Culture, Kinship, Marriage and Family, Religion, Economic and Political Organisations, etc. Our main aim is to provide qualitative books and notes to the students for their Exam Preparation.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Social Anthropology Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Social Anthropology|
|Useful for||BA in Sociology|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2021|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
The topics of this subject are given below. To know more about the subject go through the article and refer to all the books prescribed to this subject.
Introduction To Social Anthropology
- Relationship Of Social Anthropology With Allied Disciplines
- Philosophical And Historical Foundations Of Social Anthropology
- Social Anthropology: Nature And Scope
Society And Culture
- Social Change In Indian Context
- Social Identity And Movements
- Social Group
- Concept Of Society And Culture
- Social Organisation And Dynamic Theories Ofstructure
- Functionalism, Structural functionalism, And Neofunctionalism
- Classical Theories
- Feminism, Post-Modernism And Post-Colonialism
- Culture And Personality
Kinship, Marriage, and Family
- Kinship, Family And Marriage In India
- Descent And Alliance Theories
- Religious Specialists
- Rituals And Symbolism
- Concepts And Approaches To The Study Of Religion (Evolutionary, Psychological, Unctional, And Marxist)
Economic And Political Organisations
- Political Power And Distribution Of Resources
- Production, Consumption, And Exchange
- State And Stateless Societies: Political Institutions
- Concepts And Definitions
Social Anthropology Study Books
Download Unit wise PDFs of Social Anthropology :
Download full textbook PDFs of Social Anthropology :
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology. The following university students can also download Social Anthropology study materials :
- University of Calicut
- Rai Technology University
- NIILM University
Subject in the Semesters
Social Anthropology subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology V Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Social Anthropology :
|Introduction To Social Anthropology||Download|
|Society And Culture||Click Here|
|Anthropological Theories-II||Click Here|
|Kinship, Marriage, And Family||Download|
|Economic And Political Organisations||Download|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Social Anthropology subject :
- Which disciplines are considered cognate disciplines of Social anthropology?
- What is the contribution of Social anthropology in Sociology and Psychology?
- Can Historians study the particular sequences of past events and their conditions without incorporating a social anthropological approach?
- How are the disciplines of Cultural Studies and Literature related to Social anthropology?
- What are the diverse roles of Social anthropologists in solving various problems of the traditional as well as contemporary society?
- Describe the intellectual basis for the emergence of a science of society.
- Discuss Montesquieu’s contribution towards a sociological understanding of social variation.
- What is positivism? Discuss Comte’s contribution to this theory.
- Compare the approach of Comte and Montesquieu critically.
- What was Darwin’s influence on the formation of a theory of social evolution?
- Describe the history and development of social anthropology.
- How social anthropology has developed in India?
- Briefly describe the aim and scope of social anthropology.
- Describe history as a method in social anthropology.
Recommended Books for Social Anthropology
The books that are referred to and recommended by toppers are given below. For more information refer to other authors’ books also.
- Social & Physical Anthropology by Vijay Singh
- Indian Anthropology by Vijay Singh
- Social Anthropology (सामाजिक मानवशास्त्र): Re-Printed (In 2020) by डॉ. गोपाल कृष्ण अग्रवाल
- Educational Histories of European Social Anthropology: 1 (EASA Series, 1)by Dorle Dracklé, Iain R. Edgar.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Social Anthropology Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.