Download Society in India Study Materials 2021. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Studies. Students of Bachelor’s Degree in Arts can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation. Through this article, we are going to provide Society in India Study Materials, Study Notes, PDFs, Chapters & Topics, Important Questions in this topic and Download Links. Continue reading the below article for more information regarding the Social Studies Notes.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Society in India Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Society in India|
|Useful for||Bachelor of Arts|
|Article on||Study Materials 2021|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
The topics of this subject are given below. To know more about the subject go through the article and refer to all the books prescribed to this subject.
Social Structure – Rural and Urban
- Urban Social Structure
- Patterns of Urbanization
- Village and the Outside World
- Rural Social Structure
- Unity and Diversity
Family Marriage and Kinship
- Marriage and its Changing Patterns
- Family and its Types
Economy and Polity
- Regional and State Polities
- National Politics
- Rural and Urban Poverty
- Urban Economy
- Rural Economy
- Zoroastrian Social Organization
- Sikh Social Organization
- Muslim Social Organization
- Christian Social Organization
- Hindu Social Organization
Caste and Class
- Backward Classes
- Class in India
- The Scheduled Castes
- Caste – Continuity, and Change
- Caste Structure and Regional Patterns
Tribes in India
- Tribes and Modernization in India
- Religion in Tribal Societies
- Tribes Social Structure-II
- Tribes: Social Structure – I
Women and Society
- Contemporary Women’s Issues: Health and Legal Aspects
- Women and Education
- Women and Work
- Women’s movements in India
- Status of Women in India
- Ecology and the Future of Society
- Development Planning and Change
- Social Movements
- Ethnic Relations and Conflicts
Indian Society Study Notes
|Society in India||Click Here|
Subject to the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students of Bachelor’s Degree in Arts. The following university students can also download these materials :
- Alagappa University
- OpenStax College
- Lovely Professional University
Subject in the Semesters
Society in India subject will be studied in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- BA Sociology V Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Here we have mentioned the unit-wise PDFs of the Society in India subject. Click on the below link to download it :
|Social Structure – Rural and Urban||Download|
|Family Marriage and Kinship||Click Here|
|Economy and Polity||Download|
|Social Organization||Click Here|
|Caste and Class||Download|
|Tribes in India||Click Here|
|Women and Society||Download|
|Social Change||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions on the Society in India :
- Explain the concept of unity and diversity
- Describe the forms and bases of diversity in India.
- Examine the bonds and mechanisms of unity in India.
- Identify various elements of rural social structure in India, in particular, the family, caste, class, and village.
Describe the characteristic features of these four elements of rural social structure
- State and explain the important changes in the family and the caste system
- Describe the nature of the village community in India and explain the
- Explain the nature of economic interdependence between the village and the outside world
Examine the role of caste and kinship in the villages.
Describe the process of interaction between religious beliefs and practices of the villages and the wider Indian civilization.
Describe the political linkages between Indian villages and the outside world.
- Define urbanization?
- Discuss the historical process of urbanization in India?
- Explain the main features of modernization in contemporary India?
- Assess the impact of urbanization on the Indian rural scene.
Discuss the meaning and definition of urban social structure.
- Explain the urban social structure in terms of kinship, religion, caste, and politics from a sociological point of view.
- Examine the changes in the urban social structure.
- Describe issues involved in the study of urban social structure in India.
Recommended Books for Society in India
The books that are referred to and recommended by toppers are given below. For more information refer to other authors’ books also.
- Society in India by David G. Mandelbaum
- Society in India: Concepts, Theories and Recent Trends by Ahuja Ram
- Society in India by David G. Mandelbaum
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Society in India Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results, and still many more.