Check out the West Bengal University of Health Sciences Admissions 2022. WBUHS has released the admissions of UG, PG, Ph.D. & Super Specialty Programs. Candidates can also visit the official website of the University to get admission in WBUHS. Through this article, we are going to provide the details of the West Bengal University of Health Sciences (पश्चिम बंगाल स्वास्थ्य विज्ञान विश्वविद्यालय) like Admissions, the Application Process, Prospectus, Courses offered, Eligibility Criteria, Duration, Faculty, Fees structure. Continue reading this article to get more information about WBUHS Admissions 2022.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
West Bengal University of Health Sciences
|Name of the Organisation||West Bengal University of Health Sciences|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Admission based on||Merit List in EntranceTest|
|Courses||UG, PG, Ph.D. & Super specialty programs|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Contact number||033 2334 2028|
|Official Website||Click here|
The West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata was born under the ‘West Bengal Act. XIII’ of 2002′. This University is the only one of its kind in the state; it was a dream come true to all the medical faculties and students alike. The medical teaching in the state, both in UG and PG levels, was supervised by various state Universities. Before 2003, All the Medical & Health Sciences colleges were affiliated to different Universities WB. From 2003, all are affiliated in theWest Bengal University of Health Sciences act XVIII of 2002.
WBUHS has weathered turbulent times to administer even standards of medical education in the state with its very limited resources. “Creating, upholding & developing an intellectual, philosophical, academic & physical environment conducive to the free flow of ideas, and exchange of information with the center of excellence in the country & abroad” is the mission of this University. The vision is “To emerge as a Centre of Excellence & leader in Health Sciences Education, research & health care delivery”.
Courses Offered and Duration
List of Courses and duration in West Bengal University of Health Sciences :
|MBBS||4 half years + 1 Year internship|
|BDS||4 half years + 1 Year internship|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.)||4 Years|
|M.D. in Anesthesiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology, Venerology and leprosy, General Medicine, Microbiology, Pediatrics. Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Forensic Medicine, Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion, Physical Medicine Rehabilitation, MD (Radiation Oncology), Tropical Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine||3 years|
|M.S. in General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics and Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)||3 years|
|DM in Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, Clinical Hematology, Clinical Pharmacology, Endocrinology, Medical Gastroenterology, Neonatology, Rheumatology, Hepatology, Cardiac Anaesthesia||3 years|
|M.Ch. in Neuro – Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Urology, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery and Surgical Gastroenterology||3 years|
- MBBS Program – Candidate must complete the age of 17 Years on or before 31st Dec, of the Year of admission to the MBBS course. Aspirants have to complete H.S.C / (+2) / equivalent qualification with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Botany & Zoology with min. marks as per MCI norms and Eligible NEET (UG) score as prescribed by MCI.
- BDS – Candidate must complete the age of 17 Years on or before 31st Dec, of the Year of admission to the BDS course. Aspirants have to complete H.S.C / (+2) / equivalent qualification with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Botany & Zoology with min. marks as per DCI norms and Eligible NEET (UG) score as prescribed by MCI.
- B.Pharm. – Eligible H.S.C / (+2) or equivalent qualification with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics with a minimum aggregate of 50% from a recognized University.
- M.D. Programs – Pass in MBBS or its equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India. Eligible NEET PG Score as prescribed by MCI. (Candidates completing the CRRI on or before 31.03.2021 are also eligible)
- M.S. Programs – Pass in MBBS or its equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India. Eligible NEET PG Score as prescribed by MCI. (Candidates completing the CRRI on or before 31.03.2021 are also eligible).
- DM Programs– Complete M.D. in the desired stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from the recognized University.
- M.Ch. Programs – Have to pass M.S. Surgery with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
West Bengal University of Health Sciences – Admissions
Application Process – West Bengal University of Health Sciences
Steps to apply for admission in WBUHS :
- Visit the official website of the University – wbuhs.ac.in
- From the home page, click on the ‘Admissions’ tab.
- A page with the Application details will appear on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Online Application’ tab. The application form will display on the screen.
- Upload the scanned Passport Size Photo, Signature, and the relevant documents.
- Check the details & submit the Application.
Fees Details – West Bengal University of Health Sciences
- Fee structure of UG Courses – Click here
- PG Courses fee details – Click here
- M.S. & M.D. Fee structure – Click here
- DM Programs fee details – Click here
- M.Ch. program fees – Click here
- Excellent Education imparted in this university
- Faculty are helpful
- Bad behavior of office staff
- Poor Administration
Ratings – 3.3/5
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my friend’s email address for registration in the MBBS course under WBUHS?
Ans. No, you need to use your valid & unique email address & remember it.
Is the NEET-PG a compulsory Test for Admission to MD/MS/Diploma Courses Under WBUHS?
Ans. Yes, the NEET-PG is a mandatory test for admission to any Postgraduate Medical Courses recognized by MCI.
What is the Date for Commencement of MBBS Session for the Current Year?
Ans. The academic session for the first MBBS batch 2021 starts from 01.08.2021 as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulation of MCI.
How long are my Neet results valid for?
Ans. The validity of the result of NEET 2021 shall be only for the current admission session i.e. 2021 admission session and cannot be carried forward for the next session of admission.
West Bengal University of Health Sciences
DD Block, Sector-1,
Salt Lake City, Kolkata,
West Bengal 700064
Tele – 033 2334 2028
Email ID – [email protected]
Hope you may get the complete details of the West Bengal University of Health Sciences Admissions 2022 i.e., WBUHS Admissions, the Application process, Academic Calendar, Courses offered, Duration, Eligibility, Faculty, Fees structure, Important Links, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.